Here are a few miner updates from the past few weeks that can improve your mining uptime and performance. For Nvidia users, you should always check out NemosMiner and the various ccminer updates here. For AMD users, we have new updates from Claymore. We have an update to the ETH Dual miner, now v.10.3. These updates mostly fix issues with the latest Adrenaline AMD drivers. The Cryptonote update is now at v.11.2. And Zawawa has updated his Gateless Gate Sharp to v1.1.16, which is now becoming a very interested free software.
We’d like to thank our friends, Initech Solutions inc. over @ www.gpurigbuilds.com who have shared this build with us. You can order Pre-Assembled and configured Rigs for crypto mining at a reasonable price. We of course suggest to make your own, but those are solid rigs.
This rig hashes around 170-175mhs on Ethereum, using 800w. It can be configured to use less power but it has to be tested for stability over a few days. Parts include an EVGA 1000GQ, 6x Armor 4G RX570/580 GPUs, a high quality rig frame, which is stack-able, 8G of ram (really needs only 4), 32gb usb 3.0 flash drive and a Biostar TB250-BTC motherboard paired with a G3900/30 LGA 1151 CPU.
Just wanted to share what a clean build looks like compared to home made rigs. Also available in up to 12 GPU configurations 🙂
- Claymore CPU CryptoNote Miner 3.8
- NiceHash Excavator 1.3.7
- Gateless Gate Sharp 1.1.1 by Zawawa
- MKXMINER – Lyra2rev2 miner for AMD ! (vertcoin, monacoin, XVG and others)
There has been a lot of new coins lately. The most profitable to mine so far are Bitcoin Gold, ETN, BTX, – or – if you don’t feel like switching all your rigs, consider going to nicehash, zpool, yiimp, miningpoolhub or another multicoin pool that switches automatically. Although be aware fees may be higher.
Plus the new 1070ti is out, and performance is up to expectations. Happy mining.
Small update for Claymore ETH Dual Miner, now V10.2. Check out details on the thread here. Overall some nice improvements and features that the community of miners requested :
- DAG generation time included in DEV fee when it needs to change
- Detailed stats for rejected shares
Here are a few mining software updates for a variety of algorithms that will help you reach higher hashrates:
- Excavator by NiceHash, v1.3.3
- Works very well for a multitude of algos, you may consider trying NiceHash Miner v2
- CCMiner V2.2.2 by tpruvot
- Includes the latest PHI algo and the HSR algo
- New XMR miner for VEGA – Cast XMR
- CCminer by KlausT
- Faster Neoscrypt and Keccak
- Nanashi CCMiner v2.2-r2
- Faster Lyra2rev2
- DSTM ZCash Miner
- Faster than EWBF, check the thread on bitcointalk.
Claymore has updated his ETH Dual Miner to V10.0. Updated features include ASM mode for LBRY, seriously increasing hashrate for dual mining LBRY (AMD only). Main change is also semi-fixed voltage and clock control by the software with the new blockchain compute drivers from AMD. Check it out here !
– added assembler kernels for ETH+LBC mining mode (AMD cards only), major speedup for LBC.
– about 1% ETH speedup for Vega cards.
– fixed issues with voltage/clocks management for latest AMD blockchain drivers (not completely).
– new GPU sorting method for NVIDIA cards. Now GPUs are sorted by physical bus index (it matches AfterBurner list of GPUs).
– for ETH+LBC mining mode maximal “dcri” value is 1000 now.
– added “-platform” option.
– added “ESTALE” option support in failover file epools.txt (see “-estale” option for details).
– several minor bug fixes and improvements.
It is possible to fix your AMD RX470/480/570/580 GPU’s from losing speed every single Epoch if they are mining Ethereum, as the DAG file gets bigger and bigger. A new official driver beta release permits this, and it works quite well. The procedure is as follows:
Use the latest DDU version to remove your drivers in safe mode
Install the New AMD Drivers (beta for blockchain compute)
Install the latest Beta MSI afterburner v.16 from guru3d
You may notice a change in power consumption, and you can adjust your voltage or clocks to compensate. A 6 GPU rig will gain about 10mhs !