There has been a lot of new coins lately. The most profitable to mine so far are Bitcoin Gold, ETN, BTX, – or – if you don’t feel like switching all your rigs, consider going to nicehash, zpool, yiimp, miningpoolhub or another multicoin pool that switches automatically. Although be aware fees may be higher.
Plus the new 1070ti is out, and performance is up to expectations. Happy mining.
Small update for Claymore ETH Dual Miner, now V10.2. Check out details on the thread here. Overall some nice improvements and features that the community of miners requested :
- DAG generation time included in DEV fee when it needs to change
- Detailed stats for rejected shares
Here are a few mining software updates for a variety of algorithms that will help you reach higher hashrates:
Claymore has updated his ETH Dual Miner to V10.0. Updated features include ASM mode for LBRY, seriously increasing hashrate for dual mining LBRY (AMD only). Main change is also semi-fixed voltage and clock control by the software with the new blockchain compute drivers from AMD. Check it out here !
– added assembler kernels for ETH+LBC mining mode (AMD cards only), major speedup for LBC.
– about 1% ETH speedup for Vega cards.
– fixed issues with voltage/clocks management for latest AMD blockchain drivers (not completely).
– new GPU sorting method for NVIDIA cards. Now GPUs are sorted by physical bus index (it matches AfterBurner list of GPUs).
– for ETH+LBC mining mode maximal “dcri” value is 1000 now.
– added “-platform” option.
– added “ESTALE” option support in failover file epools.txt (see “-estale” option for details).
– several minor bug fixes and improvements.
It is possible to fix your AMD RX470/480/570/580 GPU’s from losing speed every single Epoch if they are mining Ethereum, as the DAG file gets bigger and bigger. A new official driver beta release permits this, and it works quite well. The procedure is as follows:
Use the latest DDU version to remove your drivers in safe mode
Install the New AMD Drivers (beta for blockchain compute)
You may notice a change in power consumption, and you can adjust your voltage or clocks to compensate. A 6 GPU rig will gain about 10mhs !
Now with VEGA support ! You will have to wait for AMD to release updated drivers for VEGA, and if you do install them, you will need this version as it is fixed for 17.7.2. an up.
– added Vega cards support (ASM mode).
– added fan/OC support for 17.7.2 (and higher) drivers.
– fixed issue with -ttli and -ttdcr option for Nvidia cards.
– improved support for systems with more than 10 GPUs, check readme for “-di” and “-mode” options description for details.
– a few minor bug fixes and improvements.