Its time to update your rigs again, we have updates ! First off, a few minutes ago Claymore’s ZEC AMD GPU miner has been updated to v9.0.
***v9.1 now available. Dev Fee reduced to 2% if using SSL connection and added stability***
Here are the details:
Latest version v9.0:
– improved speed by 3-20% (depends on card model). About 310H/s on stock 390X, 220H/s on stock RX480, 295H/x on stock Nano.
– added “-i 7” and “-i 8” values, about 1% speedup, but can be unstable in some cases.
– added SSL/TLS encryption support for better security, see “-zpool” option description in Readme file for details.
– added “License.txt” file that contains the License Agreement.
– added “-v” option.
– several bug fixes and minor improvements.
– EthMan: improved saving options.
So far we can say that for Rx470/480 models you will see an 15 to 20% increase in hashrate. For a 390, a 5% increase, a 380 a 10-15% increase and a 280x a 4-5% increase. We’ll take what we can get, but we are hitting the maximum as far as optimization for zec goes. Fortunately, there are other developments in the works, and it may be possible to hit 300sol/s with a Rx470/480 in the future, so stay updated !
SilentArmy (by MRB, who won 10k$ in the open source contest for ZEC) is also being updated. This is great news for the open source community. V6 should be out in the near future. User Zawawa is also working on a silentarmy fork that looks promising. Finally, user NerdRalph said he will probably take a look at ZEC to try to improve mining speeds. These are all very capable users and this is good news !
For the Nvidia users, we have a new miner, EWBF’s miner. Use at your own risk. Users report good hashrate, but lots of rejected shares and some instability. Will be updated soon. We recommend you stick to Nicehash’s EQM miner.