New update for ETH miners: V11.4 from Claymore. Although some people are switching over to PhoenixMiner V2.7c, you should compare for yourself and check the results on the pool where you are mining. The latest version includes an auto-detect feature for -dcri options in ETH only mining, which is quite useful if you haven’t optimized your GPUs yet. RX550 cards also get a small bump in speed with ASM.
Edited for 11.4. Now with less stale shares !
We have some pretty important mining news.
- Bminer is now version 5.4.0. Seems to be the fastest miner but do your own tests vs DSTM vs EWBF depending on your hardware.
- Claymore has a new Neoscrypt Miner for AMD. Check it out here !
Claymore has updated the Dual ETH miner to v11.0. Now you can mine keccak or blake2s as a second coin. The fee also has been brought down to 1.5% when dual mining. Happy Mining !
– added new algorithm for dual mode: blake2s (stratum pools only), use “-dcoin blake2s” option.
– added new algorithm for dual mode: keccak (stratum pools only), use “-dcoin keccak” option.
– reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1.5%.
– for 2GB cards devfee is removed completely, i.e. on 2GB cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee. Check Readme for details.
– added “-tstart” option.
– “-asm 2” option value now supports Tahiti, Tonga, Ellesmere, Baffin; in some cases it can be a bit faster in ETH-only mode.
– removed “-allcoins exp” option value.
– a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
We have a few updates for mining software for all you GPU miners.
- Claymore’s ETH dual miner is now at v10.6. The latest updates were mostly security updates (if so some reason you expose your mining rigs directly to the internet – which you should obviously not do). Also fixes temperature bugs with the latest AMD drivers.
- Phoenix Miner v2.5d. This is a new ETH miner, faster than Claymore but still in DEV and can be unstable depending on your hardware. Check it out here !
- MKXminer v3.0.1. This update for lyra2rev2 permits you to mine at any pool, not just SSL pools. A few small problems were fixed and a linux version is out/incoming.
- Gateless Gate Sharp v.1.2.10. Still in DEV, but very promising multi-algo all in one miner. Top notch work from Zawawa again.
- Nemosminer v2.4.1. An update for the auto-switching NVIDIA software. Includes the newest ccminers for various algos.
- CCMINER by Tpruvot is now at v2.2.4. Get it here !
Happy mining everyone !
Featuring 815GHS @ 1300w (estimate), the new A3 can mine Blake2b algo, which right now is very profitable. But we fully expect profitability to be destroyed once the first batch gets delivered. Same story as the last big ASIC release, the D3 – only the first batches made profit. Sold for 2375$ USD (so far).
Here is a code example of algorithm trading using Python on the upcoming coin, DeepOnion. For more details, see this thread on bitcointalk. .py file can be found here.
Here are a few miner updates from the past few weeks that can improve your mining uptime and performance. For Nvidia users, you should always check out NemosMiner and the various ccminer updates here. For AMD users, we have new updates from Claymore. We have an update to the ETH Dual miner, now v.10.3. These updates mostly fix issues with the latest Adrenaline AMD drivers. The Cryptonote update is now at v.11.2. And Zawawa has updated his Gateless Gate Sharp to v1.1.16, which is now becoming a very interested free software.