New update for ETH miners: V11.4 from Claymore. Although some people are switching over to PhoenixMiner V2.7c, you should compare for yourself and check the results on the pool where you are mining. The latest version includes an auto-detect feature for -dcri options in ETH only mining, which is quite useful if you haven’t optimized your GPUs yet. RX550 cards also get a small bump in speed with ASM.
Edited for 11.4. Now with less stale shares !
We have some pretty important mining news.
- Bminer is now version 5.4.0. Seems to be the fastest miner but do your own tests vs DSTM vs EWBF depending on your hardware.
- Claymore has a new Neoscrypt Miner for AMD. Check it out here !
We have a few updates for mining software for all you GPU miners.
- Claymore’s ETH dual miner is now at v10.6. The latest updates were mostly security updates (if so some reason you expose your mining rigs directly to the internet – which you should obviously not do). Also fixes temperature bugs with the latest AMD drivers.
- Phoenix Miner v2.5d. This is a new ETH miner, faster than Claymore but still in DEV and can be unstable depending on your hardware. Check it out here !
- MKXminer v3.0.1. This update for lyra2rev2 permits you to mine at any pool, not just SSL pools. A few small problems were fixed and a linux version is out/incoming.
- Gateless Gate Sharp v.1.2.10. Still in DEV, but very promising multi-algo all in one miner. Top notch work from Zawawa again.
- Nemosminer v2.4.1. An update for the auto-switching NVIDIA software. Includes the newest ccminers for various algos.
- CCMINER by Tpruvot is now at v2.2.4. Get it here !
Happy mining everyone !
Here are a few miner updates from the past few weeks that can improve your mining uptime and performance. For Nvidia users, you should always check out NemosMiner and the various ccminer updates here. For AMD users, we have new updates from Claymore. We have an update to the ETH Dual miner, now v.10.3. These updates mostly fix issues with the latest Adrenaline AMD drivers. The Cryptonote update is now at v.11.2. And Zawawa has updated his Gateless Gate Sharp to v1.1.16, which is now becoming a very interested free software.
We’d like to thank our friends, Initech Solutions inc. over @ www.gpurigbuilds.com who have shared this build with us. You can order Pre-Assembled and configured Rigs for crypto mining at a reasonable price. We of course suggest to make your own, but those are solid rigs.
This rig hashes around 170-175mhs on Ethereum, using 800w. It can be configured to use less power but it has to be tested for stability over a few days. Parts include an EVGA 1000GQ, 6x Armor 4G RX570/580 GPUs, a high quality rig frame, which is stack-able, 8G of ram (really needs only 4), 32gb usb 3.0 flash drive and a Biostar TB250-BTC motherboard paired with a G3900/30 LGA 1151 CPU.
Just wanted to share what a clean build looks like compared to home made rigs. Also available in up to 12 GPU configurations 🙂
There has been a lot of new coins lately. The most profitable to mine so far are Bitcoin Gold, ETN, BTX, – or – if you don’t feel like switching all your rigs, consider going to nicehash, zpool, yiimp, miningpoolhub or another multicoin pool that switches automatically. Although be aware fees may be higher.
Plus the new 1070ti is out, and performance is up to expectations. Happy mining.
Small update for Claymore ETH Dual Miner, now V10.2. Check out details on the thread here. Overall some nice improvements and features that the community of miners requested :
- DAG generation time included in DEV fee when it needs to change
- Detailed stats for rejected shares