In this section we explore different concepts that experienced users may take for granted. We will provide links for more in-depth explanations.
- The blockchain ? In short, it is a chain of blocks, which contain every single transaction made with bitcoin (or any other Altcoin in their respective blockchain). For more info, read the Wikipedia page. You can also view everything in real-time here !
- Mining Difficulty ? It is a measure of the degree of work required to find a block. A great explanation can be found here, and a more technical one here.
- Cryptocurrency ? It is a decentralized monetary system. It is the future.
- BIOS ? It is firmware that enables your device to start up.
- A Batch file ? It is a script you can create that can run when and where you want.
- Core Clock ? The speed at which the processor operates.
- Memory Clock ? The speed at which the memory in the GPU operates.
- Hashrate ? The speed at which your GPU goes through workload.
- Shares ? Valid solutions you submit to a mining pool.
- Orphan Blocks and Stale shares ? Failed work.
- A node ? A full client that contains the entire bitcoin transaction history.
- A Mining Pool ? It is a place where individual miners can collaborate to find blocks faster.
- Solo Mining ? When you mine on your own, with your own node.
- Core Voltage and Memory voltage ? It is the power supplied to the processing chip of the GPU.